Privacy and Security
Move Google Authenticator to a New Phone
- Start by installing Google Authenticator on your new device.
- Next, you’ll need your computer. Open Google’s 2-Step Verification page in a browser and log into your Google account when it asks you. In the “Authenticator app” section of the page, click “Change Phone.”
- Choose the kind of phone you are migrating to and click “Next.” You should now see the “Set up Authenticator” screen, complete with barcode.
- Open Google Authenticator on the new phone and follow the prompts to scan the barcode. Tap “Setup,” and then “Scan a Barcode.”
- After the scan, you’ll want to enter the one-time code to verify it’s working.